Aubri Andrus
When I'm watching what I eat, I try to cut some fat out of cakes and
quick breads by substituting applesauce for half of the oil. It does
change the texture just a bit, but lots of times it's worth it to me.
You can also substitute lite sour cream or plain yogurt for half of
the fat in those types of recipes. You just have to experiment and
see how you feel about the taste and texture!
I also substitute Whole Wheat Pastry Flour in most cookies, quick
breads (not yeast breads, it seems to be too dense for yeast breads),
and pancakes/waffles that I make. Whole Wheat Pastry Flour is ground
from soft white wheat and is light and fluffy like all purpose flour.
It doesn't leave a grainy texture like whole what flour does. It has
all of the nutrients and fiber of whole wheat flour, but it is so much
lighter. I've seen WW Pastry Flour at Sunflower Market or the Good
Earth. If you have a wheat grinder, you can also purchase some soft
white wheat and grind it yourself.
To easily frost cupcakes, I put the frosting in a large zip lock bag
and cut the corner off of it. Then, I just make a circular pattern on
the cupcake with the frosting. It looks pretty, and I like it better
than using a knife to frost each and every cupcake.
Print Recipe
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
0 comments :
Post a Comment